Braybrook College offers a comprehensive curriculum at all levels
• We incorporate the Victorian Curriculum and offer VCE, VET and VCAL courses to meet the needs of all students.
• Students use computers and the internet at all levels.
• Strong support programs are provided in EAL (English as an Additional Language), Literacy and Numeracy.
• Extensive co-curricular programs are provided including Instrumental Music, Sport & Camps.
• Students are individually counselled in preparation for further study or employment.
• Class sizes generally range from 21 to 25 at Years 7 to 12.
Homework timetables should be based on the following guidelines:
Year 7 and 8 - 5 hours per week
Year 9 and 10 - 8 - 10 hours per week
Year 11 - 12 hours per week
Year 12 - 20 hours per week
• Homework guidelines are outlined in the student diary.
• Homework for each subject is described and a general indication of time per week expected.
• Study skills programs are provided later in the year.
The college provides each student with a diary.
It is essential that it is taken to each class and that work requirements and deadlines are recorded for each subject.
In addition, a section has been included to help students complete work requirements at home.
• How to plan and write an essay.
• How to construct a bibliography.
• Writing up a Science practical report.